Monday, February 06, 2006

That superbowl really ticked me off! I have never in all my life seen a game handed over like a head on a plater. My goodness! I wonder what kind of payoff the Hawks received! My poor brother, never once lost faith in Seattle and he said after watching that game, he was really disappointed in them. I guess money can really make one make stupid decisions. On the other hand, the Steelers haven't won a superbowl since the late 70's. Ye of little faith! I really wanted Seattle to take the trophy but I guess we all can't get what we want. But Seattle! You finally got your name up there in the big books with all the other teams. At least you got your championship ring! You are the NFC Champions! 'nuff said!

I have to admit I got a bit cocky on C'ville while rooting for the birds. But, hey! Who hasn't ever made a fool of themselves in their life before? I was just sharing my opinion, which is my right. But I never really ever got rilled up over the superbowl before. Never had a reason to. So I opened mouth and inserted foot but that doesn't mean I appreciate people gloating over it. What is done is done. Steelers won and Seattle is still the NFC Champions. Even in school I was always low key about things like sports. When my friends would make fun of my favorite baseball team (the yankees) I let it go. When they won the Penant and the World Series...I didn't whoop it up and brag about them winning. But the first time in my life I made a fool of myself online with a group of people whom I consider friends. Now I feel really stupid for such an action.

Now, back to Crochet: A wonderful lady is allowing me to test one of her awesome doilies. The Emerald's Song Doily. I had some difficulty with round 7 and I kept frogging it over and over for a total of 5 times. Finally, last night around 1 am I figured it out and voila! I am now on round 11 and going strong! Its a beautiful pattern and I feel honored to be able to test such a masterpiece by a crochet artist. Lately, I have been wanting to crochet doilies more than working with WW yarn. I still have to stitch together my squares from the blue squares too swap. Maybe its a bad slump but I still have YAS (yarn aquisition syndrome.) I feel terrible....I need to apologize to Elizabeth about my rooting and saying terrible things about the Steelers. I am so ashamed. I will never live this one down....

No comments: