Sunday, August 07, 2005

This past weekend, I had a bit of an accident. While visiting my family in the states, I tripped and fell at my Grandmother's house. I was walking into the kitchen and my foot snagged the area rug and down I went, right onto my stomach!!!! Everyone was trying to help me up but I was trying not to cry. This is exactly how I miscarried the last time and I was afraid that I was going to lose another baby. You see, I have a history of being a klutz. My aunt threw out the area rug and kept apologizing to me and everything. My mind was on the baby. I was 8 weeks along before I fell. Later, that night when I was getting ready to lay down in bed, I miscarried. My DH held me after cleaning up because I was a blubbering mess. I still am. We went to the ER and there was nothing to be done because it was so early in the pregnancy and the Ultrasound showed there was nothing left behind. It was a clean SA as the nurse called it. This was my 5th miscarriage and I don't think I will be able to go through this again. I am going through a serious depression right now and I am hoping that crocheting will help me overcome this devastation. I don't know if it will or not, though.

14 comments:

Ro said...

Oh I am so sorry. As someone who has lost two babies to miscarriage, both at approximately 10 weeks, my heart goes out to you.

If it would help, I would be honored to make you one of my miniature rememberance blankets...in honor of your baby. Just send me an email and let me know.

hugs
Ro

Trish said...

Mel, I am so sorry. I know there is not much I can say but just know, I'm thinking of you and will be here.

ON another note. It was wonderful talking to you the other night even though we couldn't get your computer to work.

Cherish your little princess.

Anna said...

So sorry to hear of your loss. May you find comfort and peace.

jaclim said...

I will be praying for you and your DH and for the lost little one....

Kimberly said...

Oh sweetie - I am so sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and your husband right now.

Unknown said...

Having gone through similar I cannot even put into words how much my heart goes out to you at this time.
*hugs*

Ben's Auntie said...

I cannot imagine what you are going through, hon. Just know I am thinking of you and I hope you can get through this and move on. I am so sorry. I will light a candle for the 3 of you.
Hugs
Sue

Scott Auld said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
c-mama said...

I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my prayers.

Melissa H. said...

Mel, I'm sending warm hugs your way. I lost my second baby to miscarriage about 8 weeks along and know how much it hurts.

If you need anything, or just want to talk, please send me an e-mail.

{{{{Hugs}}}}

Deb said...

I'm so very sorry Mel. I know from experience the agony of your loss. Please know that you're in my prayers.

Karla said...

Mel, just tonight I learned that a church couple lost their baby son minutes after he was born Sunday. I was in such anguish about that. And now I came upon your blog through your post at Crochetville about receiving Priscilla's Swan Doily and the last post you made was about your losing your baby! I am really really sorry, hon. I am praying for you and your family's comfort during this time. It is so sad to me to hear of the babies who leave us too soon.

But I have this hope, and that hope is knowing that one day you, and my church friend, will be reunited with your babies. Please hold on to this hope as you grieve through your baby's absence these days. Your baby is remembered no matter that his or her time here on earth was so very brief!

Hugs to you...

PBnJ said...

i am deeply sorry for your loss. =( your family is in my thoughts and prayers! *hug*

DixieRedHead said...

Mel, I am sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.