Sunday, August 14, 2005

First of all, I want to send out a warm hug and thank you to all my friends from Crochetville. You really have helped me out in this difficult time. I am feeling alot better and doing much more every day. My dd is in the states with her grandparents and I have had a lot of time to focus on my crocheting. But I am missing her terribly. I have offered to help a fellow member on Crochetville to crochet an afghan for her nephew but I ran out of yarn and I have to wait until I get a check from the government to continue. She was awfully kind to ask if she could help and I really hate to ask people for money. I find it embarrassing to do so. Anyway, I have been dieting and so far I have lost 5 lbs. I want to go slow at first because I don't want to end up being in the hospital. Lord knows, I have too many financial obligations to up hold. I have been making new friends online and I am really looking forward to going to New York to visit one of them. I have been saving up for this trip and it has been in the planning stage long before dh got ill. I feel bad to leave but he ensures me that I do need to take a holiday. And I know my dear parents won't mind looking after their only grandchild. I won't be going there until after I am done housesitting for my parents though. They have to go to Washington State, to my Uncle's to spread my grandmother's ashes. She passed away back in June or July....goodness! I cannot even remember my own grandmother's passing! My age is really catching up to me now! And I am only 31! Mom and Dad have 2 cats and I have my 2 cats down there so I will be taking care of them and my DD before I go on my trip. I am so excited! I will be taking the bus so I will definitely have my crocheting with me! But before I leave, I will have sent off my secret pal's package before then.....I am so excited about all this!

1 comment:

Dudleyspinner said...

Mel,
glad you are going to be able to get a way for a bit. And that you are feeling well enough to take the trip.
Deb