Friday, August 05, 2005

Well, I am frustrated! I am so mad that I cannot post my pics of crocheting on here! I so badly wanted to share my work and this is disappointing. Well, I know that patience is a virtue and God is not too happy to hear me complain. wah! This is so unfair!! There, my tantrum is finished for now. My dh is working at the honey farm and yesterday, he actually brought out a comb to show our dd where honey comes from. I should have taken the wax and melted it down to make a candle but silly me, I was like a child in a candy store....fresh honey straight from the comb. That was a first for me. I am going to get more beeswax from there today for free. Then I will put my hand in candle making for the first time. I do so love the idea of making things from scratch and not having all the fun taken out by buying it from a store. I know that I have a Secret Pal out there and so I won't spoil the surprise of what I have for her. But you know, being on Crochetville really has enlightened me a great deal. To my shame, I thought crochet was a dying art and that I was catching on the tail end of it. Not to be so! In fact, crochet happens to be one of the most top fibercraft out there besides knitting. But Crochet is older than knitting, isn't it? I know the French Nuns started it and then took it to Ireland when they went over there some time in history. If I am ignorant in posting this, please feel free to correct my thinking. I do so appreciate imput from friends. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, nice blog, however it would be easier on these old eyes if the background on your post area was a solid color instead of a graphic.

Kimberly said...

From what I've learned, crochet was not around until the 1800s and is believed to originate from Asia. There are many claims that it was around earlier, but no existing forms have ever been found! This would make knitting much older as examples have been found from 3rd and 4th century egyptian tombs.

There we go - my input for the day! :)