Monday, July 11, 2005

Hello again again! Today being a monday I have just completed my house cleaning. I hate this chore but you know how it goes. See my husband works nights and last night he worked 12 hours. Sarah is home from Grandma's and back to her routine. I stayed up until after 12:30 am to catch up on Crochetville and my email and write on my blog, and try to crochet. I was exhausted. So, Sarah's routine is getting up at 8 am, no exceptions. I was so bushed that I psuedo-played with her and then I told her I HAD to lay down and she said ok mommy lay down on the couch. I did and I turned on her shows (Sesame Street, etc;) and I fell into the mother sleep. You know, the sleep where you are asleep but still awake to hear what's going on, with one eye open. Sarah was amazing! She came to me twice just to open up a yogurt and a capri sun drink (not at the same time though). Then, my sleep was rudely interrupted by the stupid door bell. I have a sixth sense about certain things and this was a time when I was NOT going to open the door. Sarah was like, lets get the door and I told her no, that it was someone we didn't want to see. Hubby got up and checked to see who it was, and it was someone who keeps bugging us for money and doesn't pay us back.....we loaned him $280 and we have not seen it since. He told us he was going to pay us back and stuff, but he is the kind of person who will boldly lie to your face and then stab you in the back. Anyway, a few minutes later, I sensed that the mail-person was coming and I told Sarah...the living room was darkened and then we heard the mailbox open. Sarah was all excited about getting the mail. That is her job, bringing in the mail. Today, she is going to the Circus for the first time and Daddy is going to be taking her. Her favorite animal is the elephant and so she is eagerly awaiting her first REAL visual of the pachiderm. I am grateful that she let me have the mommy nap. When I was growing up, I remember this one time my mother was awfully ill and she laid on the couch and my brother and I sat with her behind her legs on the couch and just watched the Electric Company, Sesame Street, and Mister Rogers Neighborhood. She told me about the mommy nap and I thought she was crazy but now, today, I finally understood. I think I owe her an apology and thank her for telling me about it. My lesson I learned.....go to bed earlier and wake up early to crochet more! Crochet and Sarah are my best therapy! I would go nuts if I didn't know either one!

No comments: